Super Easy Banana Cream Pie


Have I told you yet how much Mr. Bill loves pie?
When he got an unfortunate diagnosis a year or so back, (nothing serious) and had to loose weight, he grieved (whined, tantrumed) a lot for pie!!!! 
It was January for heaven's sake. 
Thanksgiving (Pie Fest in our family) was 11 months away. 
I reassured him that if he did the hard work and lost the weight it would be okay to have a small piece of pie now and then.
He did the very hard work and lost the a whopping 45lbs. I am very proud of him.

His birthday is a special occasion and instead of cake he wanted 
Banana Cream Pie. 


My Sis -in-law has a fantastic banana pudding recipe. I decided to use that filling for our pie. Sans the vanilla wafers.


  Super Easy Banana Cream Pie

1 graham cracker pie crust
3 1/2 to 4 bananas
1 lg. pkg vanilla instant pudding 
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I use Eagle Brand.)
2 cups ice cold milk
1 cup whipped cream for the filling

Mix together pudding mix, milk and Eagle Brand in a bowl. Add bananas. Pour into a pie shell and refrigerate for several hours.
"Frost" with additional whipped cream.
Garnish with extra bananas, if desired.


I have done this two ways. I have used Cool Whip and I have made my own whipped cream. 
Either way is fine.


But...
In comparison you can see the Cool Whip Pie looks a little shiny.

The whipped cream was harder to decorate with but looks better and tastes better. 
 I made it while I was in Colorado.
I had fun poking around the cabin looking for the best props for the photo. I totally love these mid-century plates with the Formica counter. 



In Colorado
 
 with my dear brother and his fam.  
I think they liked it. 

You could also make your own from scratch vanilla pudding. I just don't do well standing at the stove for an hour stirring pudding only to have it not set. :\


I think this pie would be fabulous in a scratch flaky pie crust 
or 
in a vanilla wafer crust.



I'm totally feeling inspired by a yellow and white scheme. 
Uh Oh!


I hope you try it and I hope you like it!
Sprinkled with bananas,






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Moviehole-katietreasures Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes & newwpthemes Sponsored by Internet Entrepreneur